Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai Airport to Kyoto to Koyasan to Nara 2015/3/9 00:38
Hi

I am planning a trip to Japan in April 2015 and now doing some homework regarding transportation.

I will arrive in Kansai Airport and need to travel to Kyoto (the hotel is 2 mins away from JR Kyoto Station).

The subsequent days, I intend to have a day trip to Koyasan and another day trip to Nara. And a few days spend within Kyoto.

After the research, I am confused which is the best options for me:
a) Kansai Thru Pass
b) Koyasan World Heritage Ticket
c) JR West Pass
d) Icoca & Haruka

Do I first get the JR West Pass at the airport to travel from Kansai Airport to Kyoto? And then buy Kansai Thru Pass to travel to Koyasan as well as Nara on 2 separate days?

Do you have any suggestions what would work best for me? And for the passes recommended, do I need to purchase (including ordering onine) before arriving in Japan?

Thank you so much for help!
by Dan (guest)  

Re: Kansai Airport to Kyoto to Koyasan to Nara 2015/3/9 14:08
Your best option is the Kintetsu Rail Pass wide covering transfers from and to the airport, Kyoto, Nara and Osaka for 5 days.
http://www.kintetsu.co.jp/foreign/english/useful/ticket/rpw1-2.html
You can buy it at the airport, no need for a reservation, just show your passport.

For Koyasan probably the Koyasan-World Heritage Ticket (from Namba Station to Koyasan Station) of Nankai Railway is the most economical way to go, it has some admission fee discounts and souvenir discount coupons with it.

by marina (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread