Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I visit more than one district per day? 2015/3/11 03:51
Hi there,

I'll be visiting Tokyo for my first week during my two week vacation to Tokyo.

I'm staying in Shinjuku and I'll have a JR Pass. Since the districts are so big, will I be able to say visit Shinjuku and then Akihabara in a day?

Or say Shibuya and then Asakusa in a day? Or could I even do three? We're talking early like 9am all the way to 5pm.

Always what's a good site to check train schedules? HyperDia?
by Ryan1337  

Re: Can I visit more than one district per day? 2015/3/11 11:04
It depends what you want to do in each district, and how fast your sightseeing pace is. You could almost definitely do two districts in one day, more if you just want to visit, have a couple of hours to just look around and get a feel for it, and then move on.
Hyperdia is the best site to use for train schedules, but most of the major districts in Tokyo can be accessed by the JR Yamanote loop line, which runs so often it's not even worth looking up the timetable!
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I visit more than one district per day? 2015/3/11 12:32
Agree with sq. It really depends on how much of each district you want to see and how fast you are moving. You could easily spend an entire day going through all the stores in Akihabara....though after a couple of hours all the stuff starts to look the same to me.

Also, I hope you are not using your JR Pass on just train rides in Tokyo. You'll never get your money's worth that way.
by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I visit more than one district per day? 2015/3/18 01:05
Thank you everyone. You really helped.

I will have a 14-day JR Pass because I will be going to Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima, and Himeji.

I also like the convenience of it too.
by Ryan1337 rate this post as useful

Re: Can I visit more than one district per day? 2015/3/18 08:39
Be aware that a 14-day Pass probably won't pay off for those locations because you won't be travelling far enough, unless you making several return trips between the Kansai area and Hiroshima. Sometimes just buying tickets, or an IC card, is best.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I visit more than one district per day? 2015/3/18 08:46
I believe that a 14-day Japan Rail Pass pays off if you make Tokyo - Kyoto/Osaka - Hiroshima back to Tokyo "return" trip on Shinkasen trains within a 14-day period. It you are going just one way, not really.

And yes, you can do two in a day :)
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread