Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is this plan for 1 day in Kyoto possible? 2015/3/12 21:15
We are doing a day trip from Tokyo due to unavailability of hotels in Kyoto. This is the tentative route we have planned as soon as we get to Kyoto station. Is it realistic? We will be travelling by a private coach.

Also when bamboo forests are concerned, is the bamboo forest at Adashino Nembutsu-ji better or the more touristy Arashiyama?

Tokyo to Kyoto by Shinkansen
Fushimi Inari
Tenryu-ji Zen Temple
Otagi Nenbutsu-ji
Bamboo forest @ Adashino Nembutsu-ji or Arashiyama
Kinkaku-ji Temple
Philosophers Path
Nijo Castle
Kiyomizudera
Go Jo Street
Sannen Zaka & Ninen Zaka
Walk to Yasaka Jinja Shrine
Gion
Shinkansen back to Tokyo
by ISPYHOPE (guest)  

Re: Is this plan for 1 day in Kyoto possible? 2015/3/13 10:14
there is impossible, it required 2 days minimal , and also it;s not fit for the day trip
by red (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is this plan for 1 day in Kyoto possible? 2015/3/13 14:04
The shinkansen trip one-way will be 3+ hours! Impossible for a day trip. Try to stay in a city or town closer to Kyoto.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is this plan for 1 day in Kyoto possible? 2015/3/13 15:45
If you are going to the top of Inari shrine, i'd set aside 2 hours. If you are very fit then maybe 1 1/2 hour. You want to enjoy it. No need to rush.

Nijo castle was ok,. We got there close to closing time and the castle was dark. If you're walking on the outside of the castle, Becareful you might walk in circles if you follow the map.
by sillyhead (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is this plan for 1 day in Kyoto possible? 2015/3/13 16:01
Hey there. I think that you could pick 3 of those destinations (4 if one is minor) to do in a day. I recommend Kikaku-ji, Kiyomizu-dera, and Fushimi Inari-taisha. I haven't been to a few of the destinations you mentioned, though.

I always forget to consider the time traveling between places and walking up hills to get to them, etc. Especially during busy times, there will be some crowds of people, making walking around and getting buses slower. That, paired with the 3 hour shinkansen each way and needing to get some grub from time to time, and you're probably only going to be able to do 3 things on that list. But, I can tell you that the 3 things I've recommended are GREAT. I would do Kinkaku-ji in the middle because it is less demanding athletically than Kiyomizu-dera and Fushimi Inari-taisha. Unless if that's inconvenient travel-wise (I forget where they're all located but seem to remember having to take a 50 minute bus out to Kinkaku-ji).

If you have to skip one of those three, I would skip Kinkaku-ji.

Have you looked at hotels in cities surrounding kyoto?

Have a blast!!
by GoLizzy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread