Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary: Gifu, Kanazawa, Shirakawa-go 2015/3/13 04:39
Hello,

Could you comment/advise me on the itinerary below in May please?
I must say that I visited Japan once (Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Himeji).

This time we have 2 adults + 2 children. Initially, I was planning to get the JR rail passes as the last time. However, some of the places I really want to see is hard to reach using trains so I decided to rent a car in Gifu and drop it off in Tokyo. The fuel and toll costs plus the rental fees will be similar to the costs of the 4 rail passes.

Detailed: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1243625/JapanMayItinerary1.png

Summary:
Day 1: Flight to KIX
Day 2: Kyoto
Day 3: Arashiyama
Day 4: Half day in Kyoto, train to Gifu to see Ukai
Day 5: Pick up car, Ogimachi
Day 6: Kanazawa
Day 7: Takayama then stay at Kamikochi
Day 8: Half day in Kamikochi, then Naira, stay in Matsumoto
Day 9: Matsumoto castle in the morning then drive to Kawaguchiko
Day 10: Kawaguchiko them drive to Tokyo in the evening
Day 11: Tokyo
Day 12: Tokyo
Day 13: Flight home.

I know that it's a bit rushed but we may not be back to Japan for a long while :(
I'm most concerned about Kamikochi as it's so much trouble to get there and we'll have only little time there (a morning). I'm inclined to drop it with much regret. The scenery there looks stunning.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!!!
by Trung  

Re: Itinerary: Gifu, Kanazawa, Shirakawa-go 2015/3/13 11:11
Small children are not permitted in Myoryuji (Kanazawa's Ninja Temple). If your kids are young it might be best to change your plan to something else, eg: Higashi Chaya or 21st Century Museum.
by jennjett (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary: Gifu, Kanazawa, Shirakawa-go 2015/3/13 19:34
Thank you for the tip. Our children are 7 and 9 years old. I'll check their restriction before we go.

Also, thanks for the suggestions.
by Trung rate this post as useful

reply to this thread