Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

is April a bad time (crowded) to visit Japan 2015/3/13 09:37
I was looking to book a cheeky visit to Japan late March / early April this year. I have been to Japan 3 times before but never in Cherry Blossom season. Managed to find a flight but hotels...all full. Never had this problem before. I knew this season was a popular but nothing on this scale. It seems like Japan will be heaving with people.
by mojo (guest)  

Re: is April a bad time (crowded) to visit Japan 2015/3/13 11:15
Yes, late March/early April coincides with the cherry blossom season and the school holidays so it's a peak travel time. If the hotels are full perhaps you could try a ryokan or rent a room on airbnb.com
by jennjett (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: is April a bad time (crowded) to visit Japan 2015/3/13 11:42
What city?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: is April a bad time (crowded) to visit Japan 2015/3/13 16:13
As yllwsmrf indicated in the previous comment, which city/cities are you planning to stay in? Some places like Kyōto and nearby cities do get terribly packed during that time of year, with rooms selling quickly even months in advance.

You might also want to have a look at this:

http://www.japan-guide.com/news/0029.html

Cheers.
by Diego de Manila rate this post as useful

Re: is April a bad time (crowded) to visit Japan 2015/3/14 04:47
hi, was thinking Osaka,Kyoto,Nara. that said ive been to them all before so im open to ideas pf visiting elsewhere to see the cherry blossom
by mojo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: is April a bad time (crowded) to visit Japan 2015/3/14 05:00
Since this is the beginning of the season for cherry blossoms, this website offers plenty of up-to-date information about it. Here is the link to the most popular viewing sites within some popular cities/towns.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2011_where.html
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: is April a bad time (crowded) to visit Japan 2015/3/14 07:07
I can confirm that using japanican I have found rooms on a couple of occasions that were not available on other web sites, even the hotel's own site.
by Higgz rate this post as useful

Re: is April a bad time (crowded) to visit Japan 2015/3/14 12:21
Japan will not be heaving with people - adding a million visitors would be less than 1%.

For that time of year, head north - you might still get some cherry blossom, and as it is less popular with tourists, accommodation might be easier. There are a few other tricks,to find places, but depends what you're after and where.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: is April a bad time (crowded) to visit Japan 2015/3/21 05:29
Well it took a while and a lot of patience but I've finally got hotels booked for my trip. Only there 7 days - bit of a mission as travelling from UK but I've a week off work that coincided with the Cherry Blossom season so it had to be done. :-)

Now to plan my trip.
by duo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread