Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mount Yoshino with a child? 2015/3/18 13:32
My family will be in Osaka and Kyoto from April 14-22 and are interested in Mount Yoshino as a day trip for the cherry blossoms.

Would this be worth it with a 3 year old? She's good for about 20 minutes of walking before someone has to carry her (we will also have a back carrier for her) and I'm not sure how steep it is after the ropeway/bus. How crowded it would be on a weekday morning?

I'm thinking it might be too much but want some confirmation.
by S (guest)  

Re: Mount Yoshino with a child? 2015/3/18 14:19
Indeed the climb uphill in Yoshino is quite steep. Just make sure upon arrival by train take the bus up rather than the ropeway as it would save you quite a bit of hiking. The bus will take you to the parking lot near Chikurin-in which would require almost 30 min walk uphill from the top of the ropeway station. To get the postcard view of the cherry blossom on the mt. slopes and the valley you still have to hike up another 20 min or so to Hanayagura View Point which is a look-out on a bend of the steep winding road. Going back down is less strenuous as you walk back down all the way to the ropeway station passing Kinpusen-ji which is the most important temple in Yoshino.

Crowd is not a problem. We visited during the sakura festival on April 11 and we managed although there was a queue at the bus stop.
by William5 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread