Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Booking a Green car Seat 2015/3/19 10:03
Given we land during golden week on April 29th from Canada, can we book a shinkasen to Hiroshima next day before we exchange our voucher on the 29th?
Many thanks
by dnippard  

Re: Booking a Green car Seat 2015/3/19 12:33
You must first exchange the voucher before any booking using the pass. The pass has to be stamped by the ticket agent and he then writes the date that particular ticket was issued on the actual pass. If you have many reservations, your pass will be filled with little stamps by the time you're done.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Booking a Green car Seat 2015/3/19 13:22
As John mentioned, though be aware that you must have the Green Car JR pass.

Ordinary JR pass will not cover the cost of green car seat. For details, http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361.html
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: Booking a Green car Seat 2015/3/19 13:47
I may be wrong - but I do believe that it is possible to purchase a Green Seat ticket only before you even get your JR Normal Rail pass stamped.

This is because train tickets are split into two prices.

1) Basic train fair
2) Seat fare (including green seat surcharge).

Do note that the seat fare including green seat surcharge may be even more expensive than buying the basic train fare and seat fare for many journeys.

Others should confirm what I have said before you take it as gospel.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

reply to this thread