Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Keisei Skyliner and Tokyo Subway Ticket 2015/3/21 05:59
So the One way Keisei Skyliner ticket + 3 day Tokyo Subway Ticket costs 3,500 yen according to here:
http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/us/value_ticket/subway...

Is that the same 3 day Tokyo Subway Ticket (for Tokyo Metro + Toei Subway lines) that is found here? http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/ticket/value/travel/index.html#anc03

Because isn't the 3 day ticket 1,500 yen and not 3,000 yen as written on the Keisei website? Can anyone tell me whether this is the same subway ticket? I guess I would still save 470 yen if I bought the package...
by Moocakes  

Re: Keisei Skyliner and Tokyo Subway Ticket 2015/3/23 06:22
Can anyone clarify for me?
by Moocakes rate this post as useful

Re: Keisei Skyliner and Tokyo Subway Ticket 2015/3/23 07:50
Here's the Tokyo Metro site. http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/ticket/value/1day/index.html
If you scroll down it says the Metro pass for the 9 Metro subways is Y600.
The 1-day pass for the 9 Metro subways AND the 4 Toei subways is Y1000.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Keisei Skyliner and Tokyo Subway Ticket 2015/3/23 09:07
The 1000 yen a day pass appears to be the general public ticket which anyone can buy - so they have used that in the pricing comparison on the combination ticket promotion.

The 1500 yen 3 day pass is only for tourists, so they haven't mentioned it in the promotion.

it's a bit of a con really, but it does still work out cheaper. However you'll do well to use a 3 day pass enough for it to pay off.

by pas7680 rate this post as useful

Re: Keisei Skyliner and Tokyo Subway Ticket 2015/3/23 09:44
If my calculation is correct, a regular Skyliner 1-way ticket is Y2470. With the 3-day Metro/TOEI pass it's Y3500. That's only Y1030 for 3 days. A huge bargain since it takes just 2 Y170 trips to pay off. And don't forget the convenience of not needing to buy tickets for each ride.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Keisei Skyliner and Tokyo Subway Ticket 2015/3/23 10:23
it's a bit of a con really, but it does still work out cheaper.

I'm sorry, but how is it a con if it comes out cheaper and is easier to make pay off?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Keisei Skyliner and Tokyo Subway Ticket 2015/3/23 12:41
Thanks for the clarification.

One more question, how do you actually use the 3 day Tokyo Subway Ticket? On the day that I want to start it, do I just scan myself through one of the station's terminals instead of using the SUICA?
by Moocakes rate this post as useful

Re: Keisei Skyliner and Tokyo Subway Ticket 2015/3/23 14:57
It's a con because they take 3 one-day passes (each \1000) and claim to offer a discounted 3-day ticket at \1500, even though the latter is readily available to tourists at the same price without the package deal.

However, that means the Skyliner ticket costs only \2000 with the combo, so I'm not complaining.
by Blackshadow (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Keisei Skyliner and Tokyo Subway Ticket 2015/3/23 16:32
blackshadow gets what i meant, it's a con as they are making it look like your getting a massive discount, where as for tourists it's only a small discount.
by pas7680 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread