Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo side trips plan+Shiba Zakura festival 2015/3/25 00:00
Have to days to spend outside Tokyo, and had in my list Nikko, Kamakura, Yokohama and now i see that we can make it to Mt. Fuji area for the Shiba Zakura festival, so i'm a bit confused :-)
I think Nikko will be one day, maybe we can combine it with another location or Nikko is at least a full day anyway ?
And the festival looks very very interesting, and as a real crazy flowers lover, i think wife will not want to miss it.. What is the best way to get there from Tokyo ? How much time should it take ? Is Monday a good day to go there ? And indeed an opportunity we shouldn't miss ? :-)
Regarding Kamakura i'm really hesitating, cause we have 5 days in Kyoto.
Yokohama will have to check more about, not sure we will pass there.. Thanks a lot !
by gtree (guest)  

Re: Tokyo side trips plan+Shiba Zakura festival 2015/3/25 12:15
There is direct bus to the Fuji Shibazakura Festival venue from Shinjuku in Tokyo.

http://transportation.fujikyu.co.jp/english/gettinghere/01.html

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo side trips plan+Shiba Zakura festival 2015/3/25 12:28
Nikko will be a full day on its own, I must say. Note that Nikko is to the north of Tokyo, and other locations are rather to the west.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo side trips plan+Shiba Zakura festival 2015/3/25 17:41
Thank you, is this timetable link still a relevant one ? Dates relate to 2013 and not sure exactly how it goes - if i want morning option that takes the shortest route, it is only 1251 bus at 07:40 ? I guess it might be tricky to know if i mighgt be able to boaed it without having some sort of a reservation, might be full in advance..
Next bus line 1253 leaving Shinjuku at 08:40, does it make sense to use it for going down at interesting stops on the way to the festival and continue with some other transport to festival site ? Thank you for the help :-)
by gtree (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo side trips plan+Shiba Zakura festival 2015/3/26 05:08
The schedule is pull out from their present website, so I suspect it is an update version but to be absolutely sure you can make an overseas call for confirmation at 81-555-73-8181 (English is spoken).

If you are looking for an enroute stop either before or after the festival Kawaguchi-ko is a good choice as it has a special shuttle running to and from the festival venue.
by William5 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread