Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reserved and unreserved JR tickets 2015/3/26 10:38
Hi,

I check trains ticket fares in HyperDia with my actual date and time. Is the fare and timing is accurate ??

Total pricel : \ 3,350(TicketFare:\ 1,590 Seat Fee:\ 1,760) . Does it means that I only need to pay :\ 1,590 if I don't want to reserve seat ??

Thank you and await for your reply.
by Vasuki  

Re: Reserved and unreserved JR tickets 2015/3/26 11:44
Does it means that I only need to pay :\ 1,590 if I don't want to reserve seat ??

Depends on the train, but in many cases "seat fees", as hyperdia mislabels them, are really non-optional limited express fees.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Reserved and unreserved JR tickets 2015/3/26 12:18
Thanks, then the cost of seat is more expensive than the ticket itself.

Ok, so I must pay same fare with or without reserved seat, rite.
by Vasuki rate this post as useful

Re: Reserved and unreserved JR tickets 2015/3/26 12:22

It can be, as in this case.

Ok, so I must pay same fare with or without reserved seat, rite.

Again depends on the train. When unreserved seats area available they are marginally less expensive than reserved seats. It would help to know where you are going.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Reserved and unreserved JR tickets 2015/3/26 12:41

It's not really the cost of the "seat" (which really doesn't make any sense), it's the cost of taking a limited expressed and not a (much slower) local train. If you take a local train, there is no "seat fee".
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Reserved and unreserved JR tickets 2015/3/26 13:04
FIRAS is right in saying that it is a Ltd Express Fee rather than a seat fee. But if you click on the Seat Column, it will display costs of travelling in Green Class, Reserved Seats, Unreserved Seats, thus you can still work out the actual costs of the journey. Sometimes they have differences between high season and low season
by CS Tan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread