Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to transport pet snake from Tokyo 2015/4/3 10:00
Hi,
so I have a pet corn snake (nothing dangerous), I live in Tokyo but plan on going to school for about a year to the States so I want to ship him to Hungary for my brother to take care of.
Does anyone know of a reliable relocation company that can take care of that? (I don't speak Japanese btw)
As far as I know I can't take the snake with me in the cabin under any circumstances, though that would be ideal.
(Please don't say I should leave it here, that's not even a consideration)
Hope someone has an idea, thanks!
by Lexxx87  

Re: How to transport pet snake from Tokyo 2015/4/3 14:17
You might want to check with the Hungarian Embassy/Consulate about the import procedures into the destination country. (Excuse me if you already have.)

You are not flying once to Hungary and take the snake to your brother yourself, I assume?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: How to transport pet snake from Tokyo 2015/4/3 14:43
Thanks, I've checked already. It's a pain in the butt but possible XD
If I could I'd prefer to fly there myself and have the snake in the cabin with me but that seems to be out of the question :( And I'm really really vary of just putting him in a cargo hold, I don't think most airlines have the necessary requirements nor do they care if the pet arrives alive. I've checked with JAL for example and they specifically make you sign a waiver in case your pet dies during transport.
by Lexxx87 rate this post as useful

Re: How to transport pet snake from Tokyo 2015/4/4 01:00
Have you checked with one of the international pet transport companies? When you google that, several will come up, some also ship reptiles. I have no experience, so can't make any suggestions. With all the paperwork and stuff, it could be an expensive trip.
Good luck finding a solution!
by Dutch Ann rate this post as useful

reply to this thread