Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sumiyoshi taisha shrine wedding 2015/4/8 18:22
I am planning to travel Kansai area in early June (6/11~6/16), and I put Sumiyoshi taisha shrine in my Osaka itinerary. As most of the visitors have advised to visit there in early morning I made my plan to go there on Friday (12th June) around 9:30am. But the thing is, I really want to spot wedding there and there was no way I could figure out whether or not the ceremony will be happening on the day of my visit. I also went to Sumiyoshi taisha shrine's official website and found out some (http://www.sumiyoshitaisha.com) page regarding wedding, but it hardly helped 'cause Google Translate could translate only so much. So here are my questions:
1. Does anybody know usually when does the wedding ceremony happens in Sumiyoshi taisha shrine? And what time?
2. Is 9:30am not early enough to feel the quietness and serenity of the shrine?

Thank you!
by sleeplessletters  

Re: Sumiyoshi taisha shrine wedding 2015/4/9 21:50
I do not know whether there is a wedding in Sumiyoshi Taisha on 12th June. The probability of being a wedding on a specific day depends on some factors:
Season: Spring and fall are good season. June in Osaka is the beginning of the rainy season which will decrease the probability,
but not that largely. July and August tend to be hotter and more humid.
Day in a week: Many wedding party is held on Sunday then followed by Saturday for the convenience of the participants.
Lucky/unlucky days according to the yin/yang: Of course people tend to choose Taian/Lucky day. 12th June is a Taian day.

So, my assumption is that on 12th June you will have a good chance to encounter the wedding ceremony in Sumiyoshi Taisha.

Good luck!
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Sumiyoshi taisha shrine wedding 2015/4/9 21:56
Crossing my fingers!
Thank you :D
by sleeplessletters rate this post as useful

Re: Sumiyoshi taisha shrine wedding 2015/4/9 21:58
A wedding ceremony is not a show for public.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sumiyoshi taisha shrine wedding 2015/4/10 22:11
Yes, I totally understand. Perhaps it might be rude to just barge in someone's wedding day. I'm just hoping to be lucky to 'accidentally spot' the ceremony :)
by sleeplessletters rate this post as useful

reply to this thread