Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Check in at 16 years old 2015/4/28 01:33
I'm planning to go to Osaka and Kyoto by the end of this year. So I'll book both flight and hotel with airasiago as they offer a fair-enough rates. Well, I'm not alone. I'll bring my other 5 friends for this vacation. Well, what I want to ask is: Is it possible for me to book and check in without obeying the age restrictions at some hotels? Also is it possible for me to book a flight there?

P.S: sorry for my very, very bad english,
by Fiikun (guest)  

Re: Check in at 16 years old 2015/4/29 03:16
I think you would need to check with the airline to see what the restrictions are for your age group.

Same thing with booking your hotel. Each hotel has their own policy on this and they have the right to refuse you a room if you clearly know the restriction and yet still violate it.

That being said, contact the airline and your desired hotel to find out what their policies are.

Are any of your friends adults?
by yozakura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Check in at 16 years old 2015/5/1 06:35
To book a plane ticket you have to be 18 as for what I know, and most likely you can't do it anyways because you will need a credit card.
But you parents can book for you. But you need to check if the airline allow to board the plane without someone who is old enough.

For hotel you can book and pay them online, but I heard something that you will maybe have problems with the check in if you don't have someone who isn't at least 18.

But you won'T maybe be able to enter Japan without someone who is old enough, who is guarding you, the first time I went to Japan I just turn 18 (3 month before) and at the imigration I got problems, because of my age.

I had to show papers of my purpose there, at that time i went there I for a language school so I had paper which tankfully were written in Japanese so they could understand it!

My advice bring someone with you who is 19-20 so you won't have any problems at all
by Uriziel rate this post as useful

Re: Check in at 16 years old 2015/5/1 13:37
Minors can travel alone in planes but must have special papers from their parents and the airline. In most cases the young child or teenager will be met at the arrival by an adult from the family...

Hotels in most western countries frown on minors as all sorts of problems could happen and the hotels don't want trouble.
by Rueful renard (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread