Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Photographing abandoned places 2015/4/29 16:26
Back in my home country there was quite a fascination with photography abandoned buildings, but it was quite taboo to talk about out in the open (online or offline) because technically the majority of abandoned places were illegal to visit. Even so, there was a lot of online communities for people interested in it.

I've been in Japan for a couple months now and have been curious about photography abandoned places. However, I haven't found much of an online community for it. I was curious if anyone could recommend any websites? The only ones I have found were American or European websites with a small section devoted to Asia that was very outdated.

The stakes are obviously much higher being in Japan and I wouldn't risk my job or status here. I would just like to meet others with this interest and see if there is any abandonments that are in fact okay to photography.

For example in the area where I live there's what appears to be an abandoned school that my Japanese coworkers showed me. Quite a few people were there snapping pictures.

Any help is appreciated!
by UE (guest)  

Re: Photographing abandoned places 2015/4/30 07:51
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread