Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

tokyo itinerary 2015/5/1 00:06
ill be in tokyo from the 5th til the 9th of june and have planned out my stay. just want to know if this is the best way to do it or if anyone would suggest doing it differently. I am stayin in asakusa.
so arrive around 2 from kyoto on the 5th. visit senso-ji temple, try catch the sanno matsuri and see tokyo tower. on the 6th visit imperial palace, meiji jingu shrine, shibuya crossing and pokemon center then maybe go to a pub or two. 7th go to gyoen gardens, ueno zoo, gundam front in odaiba. on the 8th tokyo sea life park and rest of the day in akihabara. on the 9th visit shinjuku for its central park and sword museum before catching a train back to kyoto.
does this make sense or should i do it diffrently? i appreciate any advice or suggestions!
by rory (guest)  

Re: tokyo itinerary 2015/5/4 05:01
Here are 3 suggestions about your itinerary.

1)It may be better for you to change your visit to Imperial Palace right before you catch the train back to Kyoto, because Imperial Palace is located near Tokyo station.

2)My work is near the Sword Museum (open 10F00`16F30imay enter by 16F00j) and I use JR Yoyogi station, about 7 minute walk to the museum. There is a pub called HUB near Yoyogi station.

If you visit the museum late in the afternoon, go to pub during their happy hour, and still are willing to go shopping, you could go to Pokemon Center at night (open 10:00`20:00). Since your visit is during the weekend, there would be crowds of kids during the daytime.

3)Meiji jingu shrine opens 5:00 a.m. with sunrise. You can visit Shibuya crossing anytime of the day. It might be nice if you visit these places early in the morning, so that you can make good use of your 3 day stay in Tokyo. But do not go too early, because the crossing is more enjoyable when there are many many people going by.
by yagi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo itinerary 2015/5/4 10:10
thanks for that that. helps me line things up a bit better! ill be up early every morning to get the most out of it. i really appreciate it!
by rorywins rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo itinerary 2015/5/4 12:31
Sanno matsuri will be held from 7th to 17th this year. Only 7th has an entry in this table:
http://www.tenkamatsuri.jp/nittei/index.html
by Luisjp rate this post as useful

reply to this thread