Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Skype interview with Japanese company 2015/5/1 20:00
Dear people,

Soon I am going to have an interview with Japanese company via Skype (in English language)

I need to prepare somehow. I am little bit stressed because I am afraid to say some inappropriate thing or to behave in inappropriate way. It could ruin the whole interview.

Could you please give me some tips and advices about an overall behaviour through this Skype interview?

Do I need to bow in the beginning of interview?

Thank you in advance.
by Noorr  

Re: Skype interview with Japanese company 2015/5/7 15:25
Don't worry about bowing, as someone who did the same kind of interview process and got the job, I can say that unless you're going into a super-strict Japanese company, you don't have to fake Japanese mannerisms.

You probably weren't born/raised in a Japanese environment so your behaviors don't have to perfectly match.

Depending on the type of company, you will want to research the basics of that company (is it a subsidiary, how big is it, what's its main product, etc) and possible make a list of questions you have about the working environment, etc.

And relax.
by Torinn88 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread