Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Aomori Private apple farm 2015/5/1 20:03
Hello,

Can any one recommend a good private apple farm to visit in June? What will be the visit time and entry fee?
Address, tel or mapcode will be appreciated.
There is no problem with transport as we will rent a car.
Thank in advance!
by reynoldswsc  

Re: Aomori Private apple farm 2015/5/3 14:02
Do you mean visiting an apple farm for apple picking? If so, unfortunately June is too early - the season starts in August.

by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Aomori Private apple farm 2015/5/4 01:43
Ops, that is a pity...

I was driving last October in Kansai and Shikoku and saw plenty of apple farms bering fruits and do not realize that I can only see it in August.

It seems pointless to visit a farm then and believe no private farm will be open for a visit to learn more of apple growing without intention to pick?

by reynoldswsc rate this post as useful

Re: Aomori Private apple farm 2015/5/4 15:14
As I mentioned in my previous post, apple season 'starts' in August, it lasts until November/December, depending on the region.

Many fruits farms grow multiple fruits, if you are going Aomori mid-end June, you might be able to cherry picking instead.

Here's a listing of fruits farms in Aomori prefecture (in Japanese.)
http://www.jalan.net/theme/mikakugari/rinngo/05.html

Unless you speak Japanese, learning about apple growing might be a big challenge as I do not think most of them speak English so fluently though they may understand some basics about fruits picking...
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Aomori Private apple farm 2015/5/4 18:47
Appreciated and thank you fo the info.
by reynoldswsc rate this post as useful

reply to this thread