Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Miyajima marshlands Hokkaido 2015/5/1 22:30
Hello
I was wondering if it was possible to go to the miyajima marshland in bibai area Hokkaido without a car. does anyone know if there is a way on foot from the train station to an nice area or if there is a bus? if there is a bus is there a timetable?
by shap (guest)  

Re: Miyajima marshlands Hokkaido 2015/5/3 14:56
On this map, the green rectangle at upper right is JR Bibai station. You can tell it's 11km straight stretch toward the left, then another 2.3km after the turn (the marshland is marked by a blue line with a duck in it, inside a pink rectangle). I would not call this a walking distance.

http://www.city.bibai.hokkaido.jp/miyajimanuma//18_akusesu/18_akusesu....

They do seem to have some community buses running, but the timetable is quite limited:
http://www.city.bibai.hokkaido.jp/miyajimanuma//18_akusesu/18_bustimet...

The two tables on the left of this PDF shows the Bibai - marshland schedule, but still you need to walk at least one kilometer from the bus stop to the marshland.

The left top table shows the schedule on days when there is school, Mon. through Friday.
Departure from Bibai station: 14:33, arriving Bunkiten bus stop at 15:10.
THe next one from Chuo Elementary school 15:40 (arriving Bunkiten at 16:10) needs to be booked with a local driving school.
To Bibai station:
7:31 departure from Bunkiten
16:50 departure from Bunkiten (this one needs to be booked with a local driving school.)

The left bottom table shows the schedule during school breaks (no service on Sat., Sun. and national holidays)
The top four buses are from Bibai station to Miyajima-numa iriguchi (Miyajima marshland entrance)
The bottom four are from Miyajima-numa iriguchi to Bibai station.
Once again, the last one needs to be booked with the local driving school.

Even as a Japanese, I find the tables confusing.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread