Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Short visit in November - itinerary 2015/5/6 18:53
Dear All,
I'm planning my second trip to Japan 5-11 Nov 2015. I have 5 full days for it, this is my second trip To Japan, I previously visited Tokyo and Kyoto. As November is the Red Leaves season I wanted to try to catch them, according to information available on Japan-Guide there are several spots around Tokyo good for the observation during my stay . I'm considering Hakone, Nikko and Mt Fuji Five Lakes area. Could you please suggest some itinerary? I arrive Narita on 5th Nov in the evening. Thanks!
by Zloty  

Re: Short visit in November - itinerary 2015/5/7 18:21
For Autumn colors the Japan Alps, Kyoto city, Tohoku and Hokkaido are the common places to visit.

Although, places like Nikko etc do have their fair share of colors too, they are not as famous. If you can drive northern tohoku is ideal.

Although, Fuji area does have autumn colors it is considerably sparse as compared to other locations.

Kyoto does not have dense amount of autumn colors too, but the night illuminations plus the manicured gardens makes it awe inspiring to watch.

That said, I still recommend a trip around northern Japan.
If you can self drive Hokkaido or Tohoku this will be great.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread