Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Driving to Oze national Park 2015/5/30 12:57
Hi,

I'm departing from Yamanakako Yama no uchi Guesthouse near Mt Fuji and driving to oshimizu trailhead in June. I understand there is a parking area near the trailhead. Is it possible to drive there and hike into Oze to get to Ozenuma pond as we are intending to stay in Chozo Hut, before the sun sets? Or is it near impossible and it would be better to stay at Lodge Chozo? (Is lodge Chozo at Tokura or near Oshimizu trailhead?) Will we have to drive past Tokura to get to the oshimizu trailhead? Can't find much information on how to drive to oshimizu trailhead as information in English is limited. How do I go about booking an accom with either Chozo hut or lodge Chozo If I don't know Japanese?

Also, does anyone know what time does sunrise and sunset occur in the area in June?
by puisss  

Re: Driving to Oze national Park 2015/5/30 18:28
I'm departing from Yamanakako Yama no uchi Guesthouse near Mt Fuji and driving to oshimizu trailhead in June. I understand there is a parking area near the trailhead. Is it possible to drive there and hike into Oze to get to Ozenuma pond as we are intending to stay in Chozo Hut, before the sun sets?

It takes about three hours to drive from Yamanakako to the Oshimizu trailhead (by expressway via Otsuki and the Kenoo Expressway) and only about two hours to hike from Oshimizu to Ozenuma Pond (slow hikers may require 3 hours). So, unless you start your day really late, you will be able to do it. I recommend to leave around 10am at the latest.

Or is it near impossible and it would be better to stay at Lodge Chozo? (Is lodge Chozo at Tokura or near Oshimizu trailhead?)

It is near Ozenuma Pond, a 2-3 hour hike from the Oshimizu trail head. Make sure to get a basic understanding of the geography before doing the hike!

Will we have to drive past Tokura to get to the oshimizu trailhead?

Yes.

How do I go about booking an accom with either Chozo hut or lodge Chozo If I don't know Japanese?

They have an English website with contact information. I recommend to inquire directly:
http://www7.ocn.ne.jp/~chozo-e/index.htm

Also, does anyone know what time does sunrise and sunset occur in the area in June?

Sunrise around 4:30am
Sunset around 7pm
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Driving to Oze national Park 2015/6/4 13:22
Hi Uji,

Thank you for your reply! Don't mind but may I ask how do you get the driving directions? Tried to search on google map but tokura and oshimizu trailhead are not found.

Thanks for your kind suggestions. We will definitely leave before 10am to get an early start, in case there is any unforeseen circumstances. I am trying to find out the geography of the area but unfortunately I have trouble finding any maps/trail maps for the park in English. Called the JNTO office in Singapore and they said they were unable to help. Am asking for a map from Chozo Hut as well as the official website of Oze. Hopefully I can get a reply! Or by any chance does anyone know if there is any way to get hold of a hiking map/brochure in English for Oze?
by puisss (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread