Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

american weight and japanese weight 2015/7/10 01:08
i wanna know if i am 6'2 in america and 147 pounds how would i say that in japan..... ???
by Jack (guest)  

Re: american weight and japanese weight 2015/7/10 10:44
147 pounds is about 66.7 kg
6 feet 2 is about 187cm

...is this what you mean?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: american weight and japanese weight 2015/7/10 13:02
If you're 6'2" and weigh 147lbs, you'd look like someone in a Nazi concentration camp. Do you mean 247lbs?
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: american weight and japanese weight 2015/7/10 13:26
6'2" 147 lbs gives you a bmi of 19, which is within the healthy range. It's at the low end, but easily accomplished by someone who is athletic and fit.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: american weight and japanese weight 2015/7/11 03:21
I assume that the poster knows that the metric system is used in the majority of countries around the world...

We used to say in my country that-- for a MAN--- the weight in kilos should be close to the numbers of centimeters over 1 meter.

For example: 50 kilos for 1, 50. 60 kilos for 1,60. 87 kilos for 1,87..

Obviously with a few kilos over, or under.. a man 1,87 high could weight between 75 and 95 kilos, depending on the build.
a 1,50 high man would weight between 45 and 60 kilos..

Women were supposed to have a lower weight..
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: american weight and japanese weight 2015/7/11 12:30
BMI by the way, is a very crude indicator that should not be used.
It only uses height and weight.

2 persons can have the same BMI but one could be a muscular male, with wide shoulders and chest, a small waist, good legs, while the other could be a male with narrow shoulders, a big belly and buttocks, a thick waist..

I can't remember how the army doctors calculated a special fitness index, but they measured height, weight, and the circumference of the shoulders, chest, waist and hips (totally naked).
The waist should always be the smallest of the above 4 circumferences..
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: american weight and japanese weight 2015/7/11 13:05
BMI or what, I found the description by Tokyonet very distasteful... And on top of that, we are not discussing what the appropriate weight should be for a person here anyway...
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: american weight and japanese weight 2015/7/11 22:00
Wow 6'2" and 149 lbs? I'm jealous hehe.
by Masashi808 rate this post as useful

Re: american weight and japanese weight 2015/7/12 22:09
It's possible he's asking how to say it in Japanese?
by Harimogura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: american weight and japanese weight 2015/7/12 22:47
The first "guest" gave the conversion into units that are commonly understood in Japan, and I guess we are waiting for the OP to return to answer if that was his intention.

Of course OP could say "shinchou wa roku-fiito ni-inchi (my height is 6 feet 2 inch)" and "taijuu wa hyaku-yonjuu-nana pondo (weight is 147 pounds)," too, if he is just asking how to say the numbers.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: american weight and japanese weight 2015/7/13 10:48
BMI or what, I found the description by Tokyonet very distasteful...

Not to mention misinformed, but otherwise those were my thoughts exactly.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread