Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cost of Food 2015/7/13 00:03
Hi everyone. I will be travelling to Japan soon. However, I do not know how to budget my money, especially when it comes to food. Even with some data online, I am not too sure if the prices of food has changed quite some bit after the rise of sales tax. So, I would like to ask how are the prices of food in Japan, especially Tokyo , are like? Perhaps some examples would help me greatly.

Thank you so much.
by tkltkl  

Re: Cost of Food 2015/7/13 16:45
Even with some data online, I am not too sure if the prices of food has changed quite some bit after the rise of sales tax.

Food prices have changed a little, by around 0-8%, but you are unlikely to notice much of a difference as a traveller.

Hi everyone. I will be travelling to Japan soon. However, I do not know how to budget my money, especially when it comes to food.

This page has info on budget travel. You can pretty much calculate up from there:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2028_food.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread