Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

sumo practice watching in November 2015/7/20 15:54
Hi
we will be in Tokyo in the middle of November. Any chance of watching the sumo practicing' or are they all in the tournament in Fukuoka?
by liath12  

Re: sumo practice watching in November 2015/7/20 18:35
Fukuoka sumo tournament is held between 8 Nov - 22 Nov 2015 at Fukuoka kokusai center.

Sumo training is normally public opened.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: sumo practice watching in November 2015/7/21 04:40
Sorry, but I do not understand : during the tournament are there sumo players in Tokyo practicing or are they all away for the tournament? We will only be in tokyo
by liath12 rate this post as useful

Re: sumo practice watching in November 2015/7/21 10:59
during the tournament are there sumo players in Tokyo practicing or are they all away for the tournament? We will only be in tokyo

Unfortunately all the wrestlers will be away, and practices are generally suspended during the tournaments anyway.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: sumo practice watching in November 2015/7/21 11:18
I just found out that some practices may be held during away tournaments. Not sure if they are open to the public though. You should contact one of the tour operators that do morning practice viewings directly. Here's the one that I've used in the past:

https://www.govoyagin.com/activities/watch-sumo-wrestlers-during-morni...

Re: sumo practice watching in November 2015/7/21 11:21
...and it turns out they don't operate tours during the tournaments :(

Re: sumo practice watching in November 2015/7/22 02:31
An open training session held by sumo stable is very much limited due to bad manner caused by visitors. Some sumo stables do open training session for friendship and advertising purpose but not many.
You must sit quietly, no flash as you take pictures, no chattering, no yelling for wrestlers, etc if you watch training session.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread