Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Need help trying to find the best JL School 2015/7/23 02:42
Alright, here is a little back story first.

I am planning on studying abroad in Japan in late 2016 at a JLS for 2 years (I will be going as a beginner since I only know very limited Japanese), I have been looking at schools for a year now and I really want to make the best decision when it comes to picking a school. A few years ago I went to a local college and I had the worst experience ever, it was over priced, some of the teachers were very unprofessional. All in all I regret going to the school. I really don't want to make that mistake again especially since I am paying for it myself.

Here is the kind of place I'd like to live in.

I lived in a pretty rural area for pretty much my whole life so going to Japan I'd like to live in a place where it has more people and it has a lot more things to do. I am thinking either Tokyo or Osaka.

I know some of the JLS offer business courses and some give you a Japanese Technical Associates Degree, would going to one of LS be worth it? Is the business course good? And/or is getting the Associates Degree worth it?

I also definitely want to have fun since going to a LS isn't the only reason I am going to Japan, I want to have fun times with hopefully new friends, etc. I know most of the schools do activities like going to Disney Land and a lot more so that is something I'd like to put it when I am choosing a LS.

I am planning on going with Go Go Nihon so here are some of the schools I am looking at, please feel free to recommend others.

ARC ACADEMY SHIBUYA or OSAKA
INTERCULTURAL INSTITUTE OF JAPAN
YOSHIDA INSTITUTE OF JAPANESE LANGUAGE (On GGN site it only goes up to 1 year, but above it shows 2 years, does this have a 2 year course?)
KANSAI COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND LANGUAGE

I don't want to pick a school that has to much of a high intensity because at times I am a slower learning and I don't want to feel to overwhelmed with how fast the class goes.

I will have around 20k CAD when I go (Maybe even more if I get a better job soon). I am also planning to work while I am in Japan.

I saw this forum and got a little worried http://forum.koohii.com/viewtopic.php?id=8598&p=1

Some people on that forum are saying it's better to just go to a free 'class' or "learn by yourself" but I do want to go to Japan and I am terrible at trying to learn a language, I tried before and I was not feeling it at all. Thoughts?

Alright I am finally done with my post, thank you for reading and I hope you guys can help me out.

Thanks again!

by Melging  

Re: Need help trying to find the best JL School 2015/7/23 13:52
The schools I have been checking out for my grandson, who is looking at going to Language school around the same time as you, are:
Yamasa.org in Aichi Prefecture (Nagoya area)
naganuma-school.ac.jp Tokyo (grammar focused solidly structured)
Nichibei Kaiwa Gakuin Japanese Language Institute Yotsoya Tokyo
College of Business and Communication, Kawasaki, Japan www.cbcjpn.jp

Have a look online and read about them. My grandson's needs are alittle different to what you mentioned, but similiar.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread