Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to learn Japanese well? 2015/8/14 16:02
I'd like to learn Japanese well so much. I always see Japanese movies to learn the language, but it seems not efficient. Is there a way yo learn Japanese well? Are there any books i can see to improve my Japanese?
by sunshare  

Re: How to learn Japanese well? 2015/8/16 10:53
Rosetta Stone.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to learn Japanese well? 2015/8/18 06:54
If you have an understanding of kana I'd suggest 'Minna no Nihongo Shokyu 1' and 2 (second editions) along with the translation and grammatical notes book for each version.

I've never used the Genki books, but people say good things about those.

If you truly want to learn though there's no better way than studying at a Japanese language school in Japan.
by shammyxi rate this post as useful

Re: How to learn Japanese well? 2015/8/18 08:46
I too recommend the Minna no Nihongo series. But just reading a book isn't going to be the most effective way to learn anything, using Minna no Nihongo with regular private lessons (italki and Japanese Online Institute are both excellent options) will take you quite a long way in a relatively short space of time. Both JOI and many italki tutors use Minna No Nihongo so this is perfect for answering questions, practising conversation, etc.

My opinion: avoid Rosetta Stone like the plague. I've heard the voice recognition in the latest versions is quite good but fundamentally it's still not much more than an overpriced flashcard programme with a built in vocab list. Fancy ad campaigns =/= quality educational material.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to learn Japanese well? 2015/8/18 09:24
I have also only heard bad things about the Japanese version of Rosetta Stone.

There's a lot of textbooks out there, and everyone has the one's they like, but if you're just starting out I'd like to echo the above suggestion to seek out a teacher/tutor. The early part of learning Japanese is some of the hardest stuff, and you want to make sure you're getting good fundamentals.
by Harimogura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to learn Japanese well? 2015/8/19 04:15
Make JP or JP speaker friends by FB,Skype,Lang-8 or similar SNS serviese.

Japan-guide provided,too.
http://www.japan-guide.com/local/?aCAT=3
by meah (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to learn Japanese well? 2015/8/22 19:26
As well as a good textbook like Minnano Nihongo or Japanese for Busy People, you can practice outputting Japanese. There are some online tutoring website out there like "Preply"or "Cafetalk" like advertised here.

It'd be good that you have a good Japanese friend(s) with patience to practice it.
by HeyMissFox rate this post as useful

reply to this thread