Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Want to Enjoy Kobe Beef in Kobe 2015/8/20 12:46
We are going to Himeji from Osaka and want to enjoy Kobe beef in Kobe. Can anyone suggest a reasonably good restaurant near the train station in Kobe for lunch? Thanks!
by Kenneth Ho (guest)  

Re: Want to Enjoy Kobe Beef in Kobe 2015/8/20 21:57
STEAKLAND KOBE (Kobe)
Address: Kobe-shi Chuo-ku Kitanagasa-dori 1-8-2
Hours: Daily from 11:00-22:30 (According to Gurunabi)
Website/Map: http://r.gnavi.co.jp/k205300/map1.htm
Directions: Take a Hankyu or JR train to Kobe's Sannomiya station. The restaurant is right across from the "Hankyu Sannomiya" train station on the north side (NOT the "JR Sannomiya" train station), street level.

I tried this place in Kobe - reasonable price and the kobe beef was superb.
by hosg15 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Want to Enjoy Kobe Beef in Kobe 2015/8/21 01:40
I tried Steakland as well!
Get there early though! I was there at 11am and did not get in till 1230pm!

Hope this helps!
Have Fun!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Want to Enjoy Kobe Beef in Kobe 2015/8/21 03:47
I've wanted to go to Steakland myself, but have never been.

There is another branch of Steakland in the ANA Crowne Plaza which is adjacent to Shin-Kobe station. This would be more convenient for those coming on the Shinkansen.

Dale
by Oenophile Angler rate this post as useful

Re: Want to Enjoy Kobe Beef in Kobe 2015/8/22 11:04
Thank you all for the information!
by Kenneth Ho (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Want to Enjoy Kobe Beef in Kobe 2015/8/23 23:02
I hope I'm not stealing this thread but I have a question, too! Does anyone know if any other locations in Japan besides Kobe that serves Kobe beef?

Will be going to other parts of Japan next year and hoping to try Kobe beef again!
by summer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Want to Enjoy Kobe Beef in Kobe 2015/8/29 12:22
Something to keep in mind: there are many different kinds of "super premium" beef in Japan. I live in the USA, and here "Kobe" beef is well known (we have domestic USA-produced "Kobe-style beef"). Different Japanese regions each seem to have their own. They are worth a try, even if you have never heard of that kind before. I particularly enjoy Hida beef (in Takayama).
by Wanderer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Want to Enjoy Kobe Beef in Kobe 2015/8/29 12:49
There are several delicious types of beef one can enjoy in Japan.... Kobe beef, Hida beef and on our last trip we enjoyed Yamagata beef in Yamagata and Tokyo. All three are delicious!
by Dutch Ann (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Want to Enjoy Kobe Beef in Kobe 2015/8/31 18:14
Went to a, Yazawa for my Kobe beef, not sure which is better compare to steak land but it was certainly good for me.
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: Want to Enjoy Kobe Beef in Kobe 2015/8/31 23:17
You'd be hard pressed to find a meat grader in Japan, let alone a consumer who could tell the difference between Kobe beef and other Wagyu.
Kobe beef is a different variety, but is it in a class of its own taste wise... not so sure about that.
Yonezawa in Yamagata is another place with a very solid reputation for quality beef.
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Want to Enjoy Kobe Beef in Kobe 2015/9/1 01:18
@DutchAnn

Indeed, Hida beef is melt in your mouth delicious !!!
by Ohara (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread