Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

American candy Japanese would enjoy? 2015/9/19 05:12
Hi,
Will be traveling in Japan and thought it would be fun to have some treats I could give to people who help me. Are there any American candies that are hard to get or would be fun for Japanese to recieve?
by julie4055  

Re: American candy Japanese would enjoy? 2015/9/19 15:28
That's a nice thought! I think people will appreciate anything you give, as it's a gift from your country.

I've brought back candy a number of times, and my only caution is that many Japanese people have told me "American candy is too sweet!" I brought salt-water taffy back more often after that, since it usually isn't so sweet. So maybe find something like that.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: American candy Japanese would enjoy? 2015/9/19 18:16
In a recent trip to the U.S. after nearly three decades, I realized that I never saw Brach' candies and Life Savers in Japan. They were a great treat to me, and I don't think their tastes are necessarily too exotic to the Japanese.
http://www.candywarehouse.com/brands/brachs-confections/
http://www.life-savers.com/products#/coolers_tm_bag

Keep in mind, however, that sometimes the reason certain foods aren't imported is because of certain artificial coloring and other chemicals that is not allowed in Japan. But I think it's a great gesture to give away pretty candies to the locals as long as you don't force them to eat it at the spot.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: American candy Japanese would enjoy? 2015/9/21 10:32
Jolly ranchers and skittles would be great!
by Crono bear rate this post as useful

Re: American candy Japanese would enjoy? 2015/9/27 11:10
My friend in Japan loves kit kats, Hershey, and m&ms. I think that's very thoughtful of you. I think that most people would appreciate the thought more that rather how it tastes
by Onryo2015 rate this post as useful

Re: American candy Japanese would enjoy? 2015/9/27 18:31
Japanese don't have peanut butter and chocolate combinations (for some unfortunate reason) but they always seem to like them.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: American candy Japanese would enjoy? 2015/9/28 05:58
Depends on age.
Generally I wouldn't get sticky caramel things.
See's peanut brittle seems quite popular.

Kit Kats are readily available here and in many more varieties.
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread