Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

universal studios japan tickets 2015/10/1 15:19
Hi there!

Do I need to live in Japan or have a japanese Adress tô buy tickets tô usj online?
by Costa (guest)  

Re: universal studios japan tickets 2015/10/1 18:57
Japanese adress is reqired to purchase it online.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: universal studios japan tickets 2015/10/1 19:13
Do u think is there any problem if I give the hotel adress?
by Costa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: universal studios japan tickets 2015/10/1 19:23
Or it is necessary tô Actually LIVE in japan?

Re: universal studios japan tickets 2015/10/1 19:55
Online purchase is designed for Japanese residents therefore they require to register your Japanese address.
If you are already in Japan, ticket purchase at Combini doesn't reqire to register a Japanese address.

Re: universal studios japan tickets 2015/10/1 20:48
Thank you very much!
In fact, I am not in Japan yet, and I am trying to buy the express pass in advance, as they sell out quickly.
I have seen on google some advertisement of a travel company called voyagin, which sells it. But I have neve heard about this company, and I do not know if it is reliable.
Do you know this company?

Re: universal studios japan tickets 2015/10/1 20:58
Yes, I've heard of voyagin and used voyagin. Before moving to Japan, and I was still on tourist status, I ordered 2 tickets to the Ooedo Onsen in Tokyo. They completely screwed that up. A few days before my departure to Japan, I emailed them to make sure they've got my tickets - but nope. The lady told me they forgot my order even after I received 2 emails from them previously confirming my purchase etc. And no apologies given. All they gave was 2 options - either I take the refund or suck it up and accept 2 tickets to the onsen in another branch in Urayasu.

Friendly bit of advice, double, triple, quadruple check with them if you're going to use their services. And yes, you're going to pay more for the ticket price as you are also paying for their (inadequate) services.
by Murakami Seirin rate this post as useful

Re: universal studios japan tickets 2015/10/1 21:13
Thank you very much!

Maybe I should look for another alternative!

Re: universal studios japan tickets 2015/10/1 23:35
I think your local Japanese travel agent such as JTB or HIS will book tickets for you.

Re: universal studios japan tickets 2015/10/2 00:16
No, they don ' t. :(
I have underestood, Browsing USJ japanese site, that it would be possible to reserve and then to buy the express pass in Lawson. Did I understand correctly?
The issue is the express pass, as I believe the 1 day pass do not sell out.

Re: universal studios japan tickets 2015/10/2 02:31
It is possible to book tickets from abroad on the Japanese website of Universal Studios Japan. It is possible to give the address of the hotel you are staying at and print the tickets at home. Of course the reservation site will be in Japanese.
by blackpepper72 rate this post as useful

Re: universal studios japan tickets 2015/10/2 23:56
Hi,

I bought my USJ tickets & express pass online (from the Japanese web) using the step by step in this website:

https://dippedincrimson.wordpress.com/2015/05/04/usj-studio-pass-and-e...

It's very easy. For the address, I enter my hotel address and no issue at all. Good luck!!
by Tie410 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: universal studios japan tickets 2015/10/4 03:36
Thank you very much!

Re: universal studios japan tickets 2015/10/12 17:06
was going to post my 2 cents worth but realized someone has already linked my blog above lol. Glad it came in handy.

You can use a hotel's address, i had no issues previously. Just that if you use a hotels' address you CANNOT use the option to ship the passes to hotels. That must be done with a residential address.

QR codes are okay though!

Let me know if you have further issues :)
by BloodPrincess rate this post as useful

Re: universal studios japan tickets 2015/10/12 23:17
I wanted to add that I just brought my tickets on Friday (I was lucky enough to have a Japanese friend help me) and we used my hotel address with no problems.
by Carm003 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread