Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How can I become a Seiyuu at the age of 14s? 2015/10/2 22:52
Hi, I'm a chinese and lived in Malaysia, I'm 14-years-old in 2015. I want to become a seiyuu at the age of 14s, I just want it so badly. I know seiyuu can started in 12-30 ages (in some cases), but I dunno how to start. I want to become a seiyuu because it mean a voice actor too right? Voice actor don't need to care how they look, the important is their voices. So this is the reason why I wanted to be a voice actor too since this evidence shown. Another question too, how I get an audition from Japan but I don't lived there? I want to intend an audition in Japan because I wanted to become a seiyuu there. I loves JAPAN! My idol also a Japanese, her nameis Nana MIZUKI. I hoped I could just like her...
by LoreleiUtau  

Re: How can I become a Seiyuu at the age of 14s? 2015/10/3 11:07
Hi OP,

First of all being a seiyuu in Japan is not easy, the competition is high due to a large number of seiyuu. And most, actually all seiyuu attended a seiyuu school.

I'm not trying to discourage you but it's not as easy as you think it is. It is Japan that we are talking about after all. First the language, are you fluent in Japanese or in a native level? As you know anime are in Japanese. Though there are lines in English sometimes but there are also seiyuu's who are fluent in English like Ken and Miyano Mamoru.

Though you are right that there are seiyuu's that started at a young age like Daisuke Namikawa, he started at the age of 8. But in his case what I know his been in the seiyuu school since 4 or 5 years old and he appears in stage plays.

Also, now adays seiyuu's in Japan are marketed as idols so looks is also a plus points.

There's nothing wrong with your dream but first it will be better if you master the language or if you have the money go to Japan and attend a seiyuu school. If you have the talent and what it takes to be a seiyuu I'm sure one day you'll be able to make your dream come true.

Sorry for a very long reply.
by Navi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How can I become a Seiyuu at the age of 14s? 2015/10/3 11:15
You must be a Kawaii girl before becoming a Seiyuu.
Becoming a Seiyuu is very competitive.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: How can I become a Seiyuu at the age of 14s? 2015/10/3 16:07
Not to be a downer, but if you weren't raised in Japan from a very young age, I don't see it happening. You're also a minor, which means that your parent/legal guardian needs to be fully on board with this. Minors in the show business are only there on behalf of their parents. Otherwise normal parents would expect you to focus on your schooling and not have to work until you get a degree.

I know that I, first and foremost, would tell my teenager to be a teenager, then be an adult and go to art school and only until then think about the voiceover business. If by that time, you haven't changed your mind, perhaps it would be a little more realistic to become interested in doing voiceover work within your own country.
by Faiyez rate this post as useful

Re: How can I become a Seiyuu at the age of 14s? 2015/10/3 16:59
Are you saying you want to become a seiyu in Japan right now? Did you try Googling? I'm sure you can read and write Japanese screenscripts fluently, so Googling should be much easier.

I'm also sure they are looking for voice actors in your own country, so I suppose you can look for auditions and schools in a similar way using your own language.

Good luck and try hard if you love it!

https://www.google.co.jp/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=&oq=%e5%a3%b0%e5...
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: How can I become a Seiyuu at the age of 14s? 2015/10/4 15:46
i would say try to start with your local broadcaster on working as voice actor (malay/english/chinese).
unfortunately in malaysia there is no VA competitions as far as i know of. and AFA (AnimeFestivalAsia) no longer held anime-con events in malaysia (i dont consider the penang one as anime-con).
Your best luck is to try in Singapore this coming December(?) where AFA usually have a JoySound promotional booth. Sometimes they have some mini competition where they play a scene, and you voice out the scripts (maybe if you show some talent they may take notice of you). *but i has been years since i attend an AFA event.
Even Himeka (not seiyuu but more a singer) dont find life easy in Japan for a non Japanese)
by ejump0 rate this post as useful

Re: How can I become a Seiyuu at the age of 14s? 2016/11/27 20:43
Thank you for your all replies. My former account has been deactivated plus I forgot I had one. Really thanking you. I have spent this holidays searching for some useful tips and as you said, japanese language is the first problem. Don't worry, there's a EJU in Malaysia too, if I passed I think I could passed the entry test in the seiyuu academy that I'm interested in now. Thank you very much.
by Neptune Phua rate this post as useful

reply to this thread