Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nosebleed, dry air, question 2015/10/9 18:05
Hi,
I know that in autumn and winter conditions at home with dry air i am very prone to nosebleed.

I am not sure how Japan is during autumn but I think parts of it might be dry so I wonder if there is any preventive medicine (to spray in your nose) you can buy in Japan, or any thing to safely stop a heavy nosebleed without putting up dozens of tissue in the nose.

Thanks in advance!
by Jonny (guest)  

Re: Nosebleed, dry air, question 2015/10/9 23:06
I think there are masks which have a hydrating solution to help moisten the nasal canal and I think if you bad some moisturizing crème under your nose, it may help to keep it from bleeding. As far as medicinal products, I am not certain.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nosebleed, dry air, question 2015/10/10 12:13
I'm afraid the driest season in Japan is autumn and winter. A lot of people commonly use humidifiers in the room. There are all kinds of humidifiers, big and small, electric and non-electric. These are just some examples;
https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=%E5%8A%A0%E6%B9%BF%E5%99%A8&hl=ja&rl...

You can also creat moisture just by hanging your laundry in the room, or even a random wet cloth.

I wonder if you've discussed it with your doctor. There might be some kind of medicine you can carry around. As suggested, when I have nasal problems I put on cream between my nostrils and my lip which does decrease the amount of tissue paper I need to use.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Nosebleed, dry air, question 2015/10/11 00:09
You can also try if pure vaseline will help. Carefully apply some vaseline with a q-tip inside each nostril. A little bit will do, it keeps the skin soft and hydrated and helps to prevent nosebleeds. Don't put lotion in the nostrils as that can irritate the skin and stings.
by Dutchann (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nosebleed, dry air, question 2015/12/12 03:23
I used to get a big nosebleed every day when I was younger. I've always been warned not to use Vaseline. Now before bed I put in some Rhinaris gel (the spray causes nosebleeds for me) and I rarely get nosebleeds.
by Kirjava444 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread