Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to say? Post/Delivery Problem 2015/11/11 18:49
I'd really appreciate some help here.

I just received a message about a delivery from the US with tracking (not that great a tracking service!) to say that an attempted delivery was made at 2.40pm today (11th), but there is no usual delivery notice in my door or box, or any neighbor's that I can see.

No delivery company info is given, so I can't contact delivery service in Japan.

If and when it is re-delivered I'd like to say something like, "What happened yesterday? The Internet update told me it was attempted delivery at 2.40pm yesterday, but there was no 'notice' of this in my mail box."
by Dave (guest)  

Re: How to say? Post/Delivery Problem 2015/11/12 20:10
If it is from the US, I can only guess it was either the postal service (from the USPS) or Sagawa (one of the domestic courier service that sometimes take on connecting delivies within Japan, as far as I know), but cannot say for sure.

If you are tracking on US Postal Service website, it must be the Japan Post.

I don't know how much of the response you will be able to understand, but you could say:
- Kinou fuzai-hyou ga haitte imasen deshita ga? (Yesterday there was no "notice of attempt in your absence," so...?)

If they simply say "sumimasen," then that means they forgot.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to say? Post/Delivery Problem 2015/11/12 20:13
You need to identify which courier company delivered it.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: How to say? Post/Delivery Problem 2015/11/13 10:09
Yes, tokyo friend, but Dave is asking about what to say when/if the delivery guy come around again.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to say? Post/Delivery Problem 2015/11/16 03:55
Thanks all. Was finally delivered the day after.
by Dave (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread