Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Finding Cups/Mugs on amazon.co.jp 2015/12/4 21:46
Hey!

I've been thinking about getting a toothbrush cup with a game or anime motif, so since I couldn't find anything on J-List, I thought about looking at amazon.co.jp.
However, my Japanese isn't that good yet and I'm having trouble finding "dishware" as a category. :/
Which category and keywords do you suggest?
Plastic cups would be better than regular cups, but I think I'll take a look at those, too. XD
by Fluffy Clouds (guest)  

Re: Finding Cups/Mugs on amazon.co.jp 2015/12/5 09:13
http://goo.gl/2O30Mz

Refer above for Amazon.co.jp

Do a search on below words.
キャラクター食洗機対応コップ
by 。。 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Finding Cups/Mugs on amazon.co.jp 2015/12/5 11:16
Note that items other than books, DVDs, etc. are most often sold by third-party sellers who ship only to Japan, so you may have to use a forwarding service.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Finding Cups/Mugs on amazon.co.jp 2015/12/5 18:01
Oh!! xD
So that's what it was! I was searching the wrong word. I thought it was コップ to begin with, but I looked in the dictionary to be sure and there it said "cup" was カップ, so that's what I ended up searching. Should have trusted myself more. ^^

Hm... a forwarding service? How does that work? Wonder if there even are any for Germany...
by Fluffy Clouds (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Finding Cups/Mugs on amazon.co.jp 2015/12/5 19:21
Package forwarding services are offered by companies based in Japan: you have your order shipped to them, and they ship it to you. Here's one, but your favourite search engine can probably give you many others. https://www.whiterabbitexpress.com/
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Finding Cups/Mugs on amazon.co.jp 2015/12/5 20:11
Thank you!
I've heard of whiterabbit, for some reason I thought that they only ship books. XD Hm... so they deliver *anything*!? Hoho! But it's probably pretty expensive, gotta calculate before buying.

Um... and somehow, with the "キャラクター食洗機対応コップ" search, I only get stuff for kids. Maybe I should ask this question again at a game or anime-themed forum, because people there are more likely to have bought that kind of stuff before.
I'm generally really bad at internet searches and I remember the last times I tried to find specific items at amazon.de (that was a pain!). It always makes me feel super dumb.

Re: Finding Cups/Mugs on amazon.co.jp 2015/12/5 20:39
Many of the forwarding company has a minimum service charge, just google for a few and check the prices, they are slightly expensive, but getting something that it's not available in your home country might be worth that little extra.

Here is one that I've used for before.

http://www.shoppingmalljapan.com/
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Finding Cups/Mugs on amazon.co.jp 2015/12/5 21:57
http://global.rakuten.com/en/search/?k=cup&sid=cinemacollection&l-id=g...

try above, this shop from Rakuten Global Market site, take order and ship to overseas. shipping via Japan Post EMS or forwarding sevice.
by 。。 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Finding Cups/Mugs on amazon.co.jp 2015/12/6 11:24
Ebay is much easier. Amazon/JP won't even ship CDs abroad. Japanese ebayers generally use English and PayPal.

YesAsia also have a range of this sort of thing and also accept PayPal.

Some Japanese ebayers will obtain anything you want for you for a modest fee, so if you see something you like, send them the URL.
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Finding Cups/Mugs on amazon.co.jp 2015/12/7 03:21
Thanks for all those recommendations!
I've taken a look at yesasia. They have a lot of cups, but most of them are regular cups. Guess I'd prefer plastic cups to use in the bathroom... xD

And ebay, hm... I don't trust ebay. Aren't there tons of fake products?

reply to this thread