Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Repair a item in the sony centre japan 2015/12/5 07:01
I have a NW-ZX2 dap Walkman that I may need a repair service (changing the LCD display unit), reading through the site is very complicated, So I just need some advice.

My NW-ZX2 walkman is a Japanese version purchased from softmap, at present it's under warranty up to mid july 2016, that's if it provides a 1 year warranty, but I actually live in Hong Kong, and I'm sure they don't allow me to send it back for repair and I will be visiting japan after the warranty period.

So I intend to have it repaired during my visit and I do expect to pay for it, do sony japan cater for walk in customers for repair, or do you have to registered for a repair in advance.

Are there any expected time frame for the repair, I just need Sony to change the LCD display unit, and I'm willing to pay for the cost of labour and parts.

I would be greatfull if anyone who live near the sony centre could ask, prefer with the price of service charge, labour and parts.

if you require more details please let me know.
by kms899  

Re: Repair a item in the sony centre japan 2015/12/6 19:27
I have no idea what you mean with "Sony center", but their website says:

1. Check how much repair costs. (I think even if it is under warranty, there must be possibility it is out of warranty rules.)
https://www.sony.jp/support/repair/repair_price.html

2. Apply for repair online. You can check how long it will take at the end of this process.
https://www.sony.jp/support/repair/online/

by amenoshita rate this post as useful

Re: Repair a item in the sony centre japan 2015/12/6 20:59
service centre, the building over at Ginza, for all your sony needs.

I do realize that I will have to pay for it as I will be out of the warranty, and yes I have been through the link, my translations is a little rusty, but it does say 15000yen + tax for the display, but not sure if that is the repair only, or does it include the parts, or should I say that is the total cost.

I also need to know if I can just walk in to the centre and leave my unit for repair, or is online registration is need.

My time frame is only about 6-8 day for the repair done, as I will have the repair on the first day, and collect it before my flight back to my home country in about 6-8 days time.

thanks
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Repair a item in the sony centre japan 2015/12/6 21:33
Oh you meant "Sony Store" in Ginza.
Their website also says you can leave your product there.
http://www.sonybuilding.jp/sonystore/customer/
by amenoshita rate this post as useful

Re: Repair a item in the sony centre japan 2015/12/6 22:24
15000 yen plus tax. (include parts and repairing services. but not include a battery price, if you ask to replace a battery.)
about seven days.
no reservation is necessary.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Repair a item in the sony centre japan 2015/12/6 22:28
@ amenoshita and ken.

Thanks for the help.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread