Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

good record store in ikebukuro 2015/12/15 17:35
hi, in may 2016 i have a plan to visit japan and only two days that i'm gonna spend in tokyo, so i decide only go to ueno and ikebukuro. my question, is there any good record stores in ikebukuro area that have good collection in jazz and rock? new or second hand.
thank you before
by shintaWD  

Re: good record store in ikebukuro 2015/12/15 20:15
Hasshodo-shoten(Hasshodo bookstore)
- Mainly used book shop but also they have used records collection infront.
5-2-10, Nishi-Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku
10:00 - 19:00, closed:Sunday and public holiday

Coconuts Disk
3-22-7, Nishi-Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku
12:00 - 21:00

Disku Union Ikebukuro
- the biggest used record shop in Ikebukuro
1-1-2, Higashi-Ikebukuro, Takamura BLDG 4F
11:00 - 21:00(Sun & holiday:11:00 - 20:00)

I woud recommed you to visit Shibuya and Shinjuku used record shops as well as Ikebukuro. But, they are mostly located in hidden place, locates in small place in tall BLDG, you may struggle to find the shop other than large shop like Disku Union.
by tokyo friend 48 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: good record store in ikebukuro 2015/12/16 03:49
Go via Shinjuku & there is a dedicated Disk Union Jazz shop. Plus another that sells rock. I spend so much money there every trip. http://diskunion.net/st/shop/e_index.html
by Stan Norrell (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: good record store in ikebukuro 2015/12/16 10:19
thank you very much "Tokyo Friend 48" and Stan Norrel,,
i do hope that i could have some extra time then visit shinjuku and shibuya to do some vinyl-hunting
:D
by shintaWD rate this post as useful

Re: good record store in ikebukuro 2015/12/16 12:33
Shinjuku is 8 minutes away from Ikebukuro. That's where everyone goes for records, and worth the extra trip.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: good record store in ikebukuro 2015/12/16 13:32
thank you very much, maybe i could squeeze my itinerary and visit shinjuku in the night, hope the stores will be easy to find :D
by shintaWD rate this post as useful

reply to this thread