Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Moving to japan from the US 2016/1/15 15:16
Hello, I'm interested in moving to japan, from Las Vegas, in the US, in about two years time. By then I should have a degree in culinary, with about 8 years exp. In that field, I should be at around 8-9000 US dollars. I've done some research and I really am attracted to nagoya. I will also be taking japanese at my college, in hopes to become tri lingual (ENGLISH, SPANISH, JAPANESE ). I have always been intrigued by Japanese culture and cuisine. What more would I need to make this dream a reality, and a bit more of a smoother transition?
by Justin B (guest)  

Re: Moving to japan from the US 2016/1/15 21:54
What exactly do you want to do in Japan?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Moving to japan from the US 2016/1/15 22:47
Cooking is pretty much my best area of expertise
by Justin B (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Moving to japan from the US 2016/1/16 14:26
Which cuisine is your specialty? You might simply have to look for chef positions in hotel restaurants for example.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Moving to japan from the US 2016/1/16 15:11
That's definitely a tough question, I've worked in about 4 different restaurants with different cuisines I know, french, american,chinese, and Mexican are what I know more of. I've definitely set out on my culinary career with the intentions of discovering new foods and cuisines.ao if anything I believe food fusion is more my style. I also believe my knife skills are a bit more advanced than my cooking skills.

Re: Moving to japan from the US 2016/1/21 13:22
That's definitely a tough question, I've worked in about 4 different restaurants with different cuisines I know, french, american,chinese, and Mexican are what I know more of. I've definitely set out on my culinary career with the intentions of discovering new foods and cuisines.ao if anything I believe food fusion is more my style. I also believe my knife skills are a bit more advanced than my cooking skills.

Re: Moving to japan from the US 2016/1/21 14:09
I have heard that cooking positions are quite difficult to obtain,although I don't know how true that it. What I know is that in order to qualify for a work visa as a cook, you must engage in the duties of preparing cuisine or producing foodstuffs that require skills which were devised overseas and that are foreign to Japan, and have at least 10 years' experience using such skills (including the period of time spent studying at an educational institution in a foreign country while majoring in subjects related to the relevant preparation of cuisine or production of foodstuffs).
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread