Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Entering Japanese University 2016/1/16 07:01
Good day to everyone! This page is my last straw, yes. I haven't seen any cases just like mine on the internet so might as well ask it here. (if someone knows my case).

So we decided that I would go to College at Japan, and promised that I would enter any university that can accept my abilities and academic knowledge. To be honest, my dad (which is Japanese) does not have any idea that I need to study intensive Japanese at first since my Japanese skills are not on par with college students, since I was brought up here in the Philippines, a country where we usually concentrate on studying the English language. But we still pursued that I can enter a university there.

Moving forward, they let me study Japanese which I crammed too much. Then took the EJU which miserably passed also the university judged my score.

The problem is my citizenship. That was the main problem. If I were to enter that university I would be recognized as an international student since I took the test here in the Philippines and was registered as Filipino. We went to the local Japanese embassy as were advice to get a Japanese student visa. Then the embassy told us that if will get a Japanese student visa then I would have to throw away my Japanese citizenship and would never get it back.

Can anyone please help my situation here? Also, is the special exam registered by the university tough to pass?

Thank you so much in advance
by NinaChan (guest)  

Re: Entering Japanese University 2016/1/16 21:39
If you are a Japanese citizen, it is neither necessary nor possible to get a visa to enter Japan, you must use a Japanese passport.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread