Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting into Sophia University 2016/2/3 22:44
Hi there! I'm an International Baccalaureate (IB) student who has attended international schools his entire life. I've lived in six countries and I'm currently a junior. I'm American. I'm kickass at writing essays, but unfortunately my test scores are not the best, and I'm only taking Math SL. I do have Chemistry HL, my SAT should be around 1800-1900 and I hope to score around 35-38 in the IB, with a high school GPA of around 3.3 on the 4.0 scale and a 3.7 on the 5.0 (B+ average with hard courses). I'm wondering what you al think my chances are to get into the Green Science/Green Engineering programs offered by Sophia which I heard are extremely selective, as they do require Math HL which I don't have.

Thank you!
by YakitoriLover  

Re: Getting into Sophia University 2016/2/4 10:15
With Sophia University, you are talking about the cream of the cream so it will not be easy indeed. Why don't you ask an agent for advice? You could contact them: http://motivistjapan.com/
by Marc5 rate this post as useful

Re: Getting into Sophia University 2016/2/4 10:50
If HL Maths is required, then you don't meet the requirements for the course. I would contact the university directly to ask if they ever take students without the required prerequisites. Having done the IB myself, I can tell you that there is a big step between SL and HL Maths, and if they want HL Maths as a prerequisite/assumed knowledge, you may find the course too difficult.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread