Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Heinz Baked Beans in Tokyo 2016/2/11 05:17
Hi japan-guide.com. Does anyone know if you can buy tins of Heinz Baked Beans anywhere in Tokyo, and if so, where and how much? I'm not interested in other brands, only Heinz. I'll be looking to buy 7 tins per week. Can anyone help? Baked beans are the only breakfast I know!

Thanks
by Beans (guest)  

Re: Heinz Baked Beans in Tokyo 2016/2/11 11:34
Or you could introduce yourself to Japanese breakfast foods, since you're in Japan and all.....
by Gjk (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Heinz Baked Beans in Tokyo 2016/2/11 11:39
I Googled "Heinz baked beans Tokyo" and got a lot of results, mostly forums suggesting where you could buy them. Start looking there.

Really, though, you shouldn't miss the opportunity to try new foods while in Japan! When in Rome...
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Heinz Baked Beans in Tokyo 2016/2/11 13:21
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Heinz Baked Beans in Tokyo 2016/2/11 14:16
I can, and regularly do, eat Japanese food all day, frankly I would choose it over British or any other European food every day. But beans are the one thing I can't go without. It's the only food that starts me off right, gives me the energy I need and kickstarts my metabolism just the right amount (if I'm being candid, I suffer from IBS). So yeah, I could eat Japanese breakfast every day but I would suffer for it and probably not have a very nice time, I'll just stick to what works for me.

Thanks though, I Googled it too before asking of course but the only results I could find are a little old and I have to wonder if they're still relevant. The latest post I could find was about Amazon and I'm not sure that will be an option for me.
by Beans (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Heinz Baked Beans in Tokyo 2016/2/11 14:35
There were definitely stores mentioned in the forums I glanced at.

Have you considered taking some with you to Japan, just in case you can't find them quickly? As long as you keep them in the original tin and they are clearly marked, I can't see Customs having a problem. Unless, of course, you're staying for months and need a huge supply!

Re: Heinz Baked Beans in Tokyo 2016/2/12 03:40
That's not a bad idea, I suppose even if customs do have a problem the worst they are going to do is confiscate them. I'm making good use of the 90 day stamp so unfortunately taking enough to last my whole stay is not an option, but I can always take maybe a week's worth anyway. Thanks.
by Beans (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Heinz Baked Beans in Tokyo 2016/2/12 07:16
A week's worth at least gives you time to find a supplier! I doubt they'll have a problem as long as you're upfront about them and they're clearly labelled.

Re: Heinz Baked Beans in Tokyo 2016/2/12 17:32
Try the international supermarkets. That's where I get my Heinz tomato ketchup. Can't remember whether they have the baked beans-sorry.

It isn't unusual to love Japan, the culture, the music, the arts, the people, the trains and the scenery, and just really not like the food. It is very different to the Western diet (lots of slippery mouth feel) and doesn't adapt well to restricted diets.
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Heinz Baked Beans in Tokyo 2016/2/12 21:21
Try checking out Kaldi or Jupiter supermarket, where they sell foreign import foodstuff.

Kaldi mainly in department store whereas Jupiter is near train station.

Kaldi Coffee Farm shop list in Tokyo 23 wards
https://goo.gl/9tfGsK
http://www.kaldi.co.jp/sp/s/?search_result&p=0

Jupiter Coffee shop list in Tokyo 23 wards
http://www.jupiter-coffee.com/shoplist.html#tokyo
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Heinz Baked Beans in Tokyo 2016/2/12 23:36
Beans,

Do you mean that you are only looking for brick-and-mortar stores as opposed to on-line stores?

If so, you should ask National Azabu Supermarket. If they can't give you an answer about American food, no one can't (except for the on-line Foreign Buyer's Club that's already been posted about).

I can't find any email addresses, but they seem to have facebook/twitter accounts. You may want to try sending them a message.
http://www.national-azabu.com/e_index2.php

The supermarket sells anything American that can be legally imported to Japan, but there are a lot of imported food that have been banned because of artificial ingredients (such as my favorite Poptarts!).
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Heinz Baked Beans in Tokyo 2016/2/16 15:49
1) Kaldi coffee shop
2)Costco
by Jennie (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread