Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Start-up owner, what should I call myself? 2016/2/24 17:29
I just recently started up my own private tour business in Tokyo. I am the one who invested the money (personal money), signed all the documents, and the one to market the company by myself. Now, I'm only 24 and without employee, but in the coming months I see myself recruiting between 2-5 employees. What should I call myself (English and Japanese)?
by Abel92  

Re: Start-up owner, what should I call myself? 2016/2/25 11:20
are you a gaijin?
what is your visa?

the title of your thread caught my attention because I am also startup enthusiast, i am also willing to help your startup if youre interested.
by curiousmind (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Start-up owner, what should I call myself? 2016/2/25 13:59
Yes I'm a Foreigner, but I've lived in Japan for 5 years starting from my days as a University Student. Right now my Visa is Designated Visa, and will be changed to Business Visa as soon as this is launched.

What are you planning on doing? Of course we can contact each other.

To keep this thread focused, do you know the answer to my question?
by Abel92 rate this post as useful

Re: Start-up owner, what should I call myself? 2016/2/25 17:14
you should hold an investor/business visa i guess

but apply for the visa change when you are already stable... im not sure, but if you can now handle the requirements then go for it.

offtopic: how can we exchange contact? have website?

Re: Start-up owner, what should I call myself? 2016/2/25 17:16

Re: Start-up owner, what should I call myself? 2016/2/25 21:51
Hi

This sounds interesting to me too. I have thought about doing something similar but to get a licence to operate as a travel company in Japan is very difficult for foreigners.

How did you get your licence? Was it as hard as I've heard?
by curious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Start-up owner, what should I call myself? 2016/2/26 06:13
Call yourself whatever you like.
Ultimately your skills will speak for you.
The most important name, as far as your business is concerned, is what your clients decide to call you after dealing with you.
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Start-up owner, what should I call myself? 2016/2/26 11:53
"President" is normally a good title.

Sounds like you are going down the "Investor/business manager" visa self sponsored route. I looked at that last year but found some of the requirements illogical, but not too terrible. The main requirements were the physical office and minimum capital. You will need all the docs (and business plan, including financials) in Japanese.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread