Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Restaurant Training without visa 2016/2/28 14:16
Hey guys,
I'm currently on my year abroad as a student in Japan and I have recently applied to get an permission to engage in activities other than the ones allowed by my visa status. My problem is that hen I went to the immigration office to apply for such status, the office worker clearly stated that until my permission is approved, I cannot work in any place, nor receive salary.
After that I went to a job interview and got the job (yey!) and they said that they will be holding training session in a week time, during which I am sure I won't be receiving my permission.
My question is: can I go to training even if I don't have a working visa yet, or would that be a problem?
I can't find any information on this matter anywhere!
by Val (guest)  

Re: Restaurant Training without visa 2016/2/28 19:12
I am surprised that your application for a "work permit" wasn't granted on the spot; mine was, as was those of all the other students I know...

You cannot engage in any paid activity until your permit is granted.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Restaurant Training without visa 2016/3/1 22:26
Hi Firas,
Thank you very much for the info.
I think they have recently changed some documents, therefore I have to wait a couple of weeks and then go back there to collect my permission. At least that's what some other friends did. Thank you again!
by Val (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread