Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Childbirth allowance while in dependent Visa 2016/2/28 23:49
I worked as a ALT in Japan and I decided to leave my job and stay as a dependent to my husband. I have few questions to ask from the community.
1) I have been to Employees Health Insuarance for 7 months and Now I am going to enter my husbends EHI. Is it possible to recieve childbirth allowance (390000~420000) on my childbirth?
2) How much time do I have to stay on EHI to recieve Insuarance Benifits?
3) if you know healpful links, please post. (I have tried many, but no exact answer)
by sachi (guest)  

Since no one seems to be responding 2016/3/1 18:40
I'm not sure if I understand your question, but I decided to give it a try.

Did you (or your husband) try asking this question to your husband's employer? If you did, what was the reason they could't answer the question? What exactly did they say?
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Childbirth allowance while in dependent Visa 2016/3/1 22:11
you may confuse the two, 出産手当金 and 出産育児一時金.

出産育児一時金 is paid for a baby delivery. it is about 400000 yen. this money will be paid both for a working woman and a dependent woman.(in the latter case, your husband will get money, instead of you, because you are a dependent of the insurance.)

出産手当金 is the money which you can get some compensation money, while you are pregnant, delivery, and growing a baby, because you can't work during that time. the amount will vary depending on your salary. (you have to keep your job in the whole above term and you are expected to return the same job (company).)
since you are keeping the job, you can't be a dependent of your husband's insurance.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread