Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

cat adoptions in Tokyo and Saitama 2016/3/2 09:35
I am looking to get a cat but I noticed from the websites I could find for Tokyo animal shelters that the cats have tracking chips, is there any place in Tokyo or Saitama that doesn't have chipped cats or where we can ask not to have that option? I don't like the idea of my cat having a chip in it, so I would like to get a chipless cat, of course I would bring it for shots annually but just wouldn't want a tracking chip in it.
by anonymous (guest)  

Re: cat adoptions in Tokyo and Saitama 2016/3/2 11:29
I believe some pet stores do not chip the cats, or you can ask to forego that option. A vet can also take the chip out if you don't want it.

But honestly, I think you should reconsider. Chipping a cat is the best protection against it getting out and you finding it again. Both of my cats were strays, but we believe at least one of them had a previous owner. However we couldn't find them because if there ever was a collar, it was lost and the local vet didn't have any information. If it had been microchipped, that information would have been found. It doesn't hurt the cat any more than getting its shots, and the only information on it is about the cat and the owner's name and address. Big brother is not interested in tracking you through your cats microchip.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: cat adoptions in Tokyo and Saitama 2016/3/2 12:53
So you are looking for a cat who has not been chipped? (You "might" have to get your cat chipped in the future if you plan to take him/her out to another country, and it is true if your cat ever strays away from home, it would be helpful to have a chip in her/him, but putting that aside...)

As far I know from websites listing pets looking for puumanent homes, I see description including "neutered" but I don't think I have seen "chipped."

Are you able to converse in Japanese? If that is the case I might be able to introduce you to a "home" shelter for cats (meaning one lady doing TNR and finding homes for those who she feels uncomfortable releasing.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: cat adoptions in Tokyo and Saitama 2016/3/2 15:21
Why do you not want your cat chipped? It's only beneficial - helps find them if they get lost, and can save them from being taken to a pound and put down (chip means someone owns the cat, and the owner can be contacted).
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: cat adoptions in Tokyo and Saitama 2016/3/2 20:18
@AK yes I can converse in Japanese, and my spouse is a native speaker, so I am interested in contacting with this lady you mention, thanks if you can, it'd be a real help!
by anonymous (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: cat adoptions in Tokyo and Saitama 2016/3/6 23:00
anonymous,

Since you are not a registered user here, I cannot send you a message. And I cannot write my cat friend's contact details here on the thread :(

So if you feel like, please browse through this "homes for pets" listing with your husband, and see if you bump into someone you like.
http://www.pet-home.jp/cats/
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: cat adoptions in Tokyo and Saitama 2016/3/11 23:05
thank you AK for the link, I made an account so that you could pm me if you still would like to. In any case even if you don`t I appreciate the link you gave, I`ll be looking on it :)
by anon010 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread