Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Working with horses in Japan 2016/3/5 17:54
So my question is as the headline says, working with horses in Japan.
I have a great love for both horses and Japan and I donLt want to give up nether of them, so I have been looking for work with horses in Japan but I ILm at a loss and canLt find anything. Now ILm not looking for a riding stable in middle of Tokyo or in the city at all but more out in the country side. Well at least it is a dream of mine to live in a traditional town and work close with horse and man to teach how to create trust and love working with horsemanship, well like I said itfs a dream and I donLt expect it to ever come truec but it can never hurt to ask what exists in Japan horse way and yes I know there is horse meat and no I donLt have any interest in that.
Thank you for any answer or help you can provide.
by HorseJapan (guest)  

Re: Working with horses in Japan 2016/3/5 21:33
Do you qualify for working holiday? I know people who have worked as trail guides/workers on horse farms in rural Japan through WH, and there are some horse farms (the ones I saw were TB breeding farms) that accept WWOOOF and can be done short term on a tourist visa (though you wouldn't be paid).

I'd imagine getting a visa for horse-related work would be difficult since it wouldn't fall under any of the visa categories I'm aware of.
by Vita (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread