Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Wearing the haori with jeans 2016/3/5 22:19
I love traditional Japanese fashion but I'm a bit of a tomboy. Whenever I wear the yukata or kimono I feel really uncomfortable, especially because I'm a Westerner with larger proportions so I don't feel "right" wearing these clothes. I own some haori jackets and would feel a lot more comfortable wearing them with an undershirt and some black jeans when I attend upcoming spring festivities like matsuri, hanami etc. However I don't want to go out in public wearing a haori and black jeans if Japanese people will think it's weird or offensive. Is it okay to wear the haori as part of a casual, western-style outfit? Is there any etiquette I should be aware of when I wear the haori in public?
by Jenn Jett (guest)  

Re: Wearing the haori with jeans 2016/3/6 13:18
Happi coats would go well with jeans. It's common to wear them together.

But haori is more leaned to formal attire, so it's a little bit like wearing a tuxido over jeans, or like wearing a cocktail dress with sneakers. Some people may frown, and some people may think that fashion is free.

https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=%E7%BE%BD%E7%B9%94%E3%81%AB%E3%82%B8...
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread