Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best place to buy yen in Tokyo? 2016/3/13 10:46
I'm arriving in Tokyo next week from China. I will be working as an ALT in Tochigi. I am on a tight budget until my first pay and so don't want to be ripped off when exchanging my Chinese Yuan for Japanese Yen. Where is the best place in Tokyo to buy JPY? Are the exchange booths at the airport fair? (I've noticed they are rip offs in other countries). I'm exchanging 11500 Chinese Yuan and I need at least 190000 JPY or I'll have to get an advance to make it to pay day.
by squarefred  

Re: Best place to buy yen in Tokyo? 2016/3/13 18:43
I'm from canada and I find atm/visa machine to be the best, exchange rate is 2.5% plus $5 fee. Currency exchanges can charge 4%+ and tell you their rates are low.
by Dayrul rate this post as useful

Re: Best place to buy yen in Tokyo? 2016/3/13 22:51
isn't the best exchange rate getting it from china, I can't confirm this, but getting yen from hong kong is pretty good, although the yen has gone bad in recent months against the hong kong dollar.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread