Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What to get wedding guests? 2016/3/13 18:21
We are getting married in Japan (my other half is Japanese) we are wondering what do people usually give their guest for present after the ceremony?

Can you guys suggest something, especially for a teenage girl? It will be a small wedding.

Thank you:)
by WhiteBride (guest)  

Re: What to get wedding guests? 2016/3/14 13:34
What kind of ceremony is it going to be? For example, will it be a shrine wedding? In a church? At a wedding place? Will you have a reception dinner after, or a party?

If at a wedding place, often gifts for the guests are included, and the couple also personalizes a gift. The wedding place usually helps the couple with what and getting it done.

If you aren't going through a wedding place specifically and are planning things yourself, generally you'll give a gift after your shrine (or church) wedding for the people who come, and then something else at your reception/party to the larger amount of guests. If you have a second party you might give something small then as well.

To give you an example, I gave a fancy box of local sweets, a tenugui, and a medium-sized personalized daruma to close family and friends who came for the shrine part of our wedding, as well as providing a lunch afterwards. I didn't have a reception or nijikai, but instead had a party the next day with all friends and family invited. For the party there were over 50 people, so we made up small bags of American sweets as well as a small personalized daruma for gifts for everyone. For our parents we personalized a large daruma to give to them, as the parents often receive a separate gift during the party/ceremony.

From kids to adults, the gifts were the same. So something edible and something personalized would be fine no matter the age I think!
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread