Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Working Remotely Visa Advice 2016/3/15 04:32
HI, I am about to apply for a working holiday visa in Japan and after some advice...
I am a uk citizen and have been given the opportunity to work part time remotely for my current uk based employer. My plan is to visit Japan and use this work to fund the trip.
So the question is when filling out my working holiday visa application can I mention that I will be working remotely on a part time basis to fund my travels?
I can't see that this would be an issue as it proves I will have the funds to support myself and that I will be returning to the uk after 1 year. But I could be wrong.
Any help greatly appreciated :)
by jake (guest)  

Re: Working Remotely Visa Advice 2016/3/15 10:55
The prospect of work isn't good enough to prove that you will have enough money to support yourself in Japan. When you visit the Japanese embassy in London you need to show recent bank statements for an account which has at least £2,500 in it (less if you have your return ticket). If you have the £2,500, you will definitely satisfy the financial requirements for the working holiday visa. If you don't then you won't be approved regardless of whether or not you have work lined up.
by ///// (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread