Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where is the flea market for toys in Tokyo 2016/3/18 11:29
Hi I need help on finding fleamarket/ swapmeet in Tokyo area. I'll be visiting Tokyo on 16 to 23 April 2016.

I'm looking for toy car (model car/ diecast).
Antique toy shop.
Diecast car shop.
Secondhand toy shop.
Toy fair.

Thanks.
by pitstopindonesia  

Re: Where is the flea market for toys in Tokyo 2016/3/18 15:21
Not sure about swapping, but you can find a lot of older things in Nakano Broadway.
by SSJ Jup81 rate this post as useful

Re: Where is the flea market for toys in Tokyo 2016/3/18 15:29
Not a fleamarket or swapmeet but I see old toys in Mandarake. Most of the toys are anime related but I think there are old car toys there.

I also saw a building in Akihabara that was loaded with old toys. I remember it was near the river.

Also, I think this blog might help you
https://mikestoyblog.com/2014/07/mikes-toy-blog-tokyo-and-osaka-toy-sh...
by ami (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where is the flea market for toys in Tokyo 2016/3/21 10:48
I have found a some nice diecast models at Mandarake stores in Akihabara and Nakano Broadway. There is also a large store devoted to resale diecast cars along the main street of Akihabara electric town. I do not speak or read Japanese so cannot tell you the name. All I can say is to look for a fairly narrow building with small 1/64 diecast models for sale on the first floor and other sizes on the other two floors. They have quite a bit of used models for sale. Maybe someone can help you find the store if you can explain you are looking for the store that sells used diecast cars and trains. There is also a nice store that sells new diecast up the block across the street on a corner. I also found a few nice used diecast models at the Tin Toy museum in Yokohama, but Akihabara and Nakano have tons more available. Good luck!
by 56Premiere rate this post as useful

reply to this thread