Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lomography 35mm Photo Processing 2016/3/20 18:57
Please help! I live in Kanazawa and have had a LOT of trouble finding photo studios in Japan who develop souped rolls of film (film that has been soaked in detergent and then dried off).

I was in Tokyo a few months ago and tried dozens of places who all refused to develop it, or what was even worse, labs that initially accepted it only to return it to me undeveloped when I came to pick it up. Finally I was successful at Yodobashi Camera in Akihabara (several other Yodobashi stores turned me away).

I'll be in Osaka and Nagasaki for Spring vacation and want to get some rolls of film developed but don't have time to waste dropping it off at photo labs only to have them return it undeveloped the next day. I'll have only a few days in each city so I need to know beforehand which are the best places to try.

Alternatively if you know of any online businesses like Toylab who do accept damaged film (mine is always dry) please let me know. The Lomography Store in Chiyoda referred me to Toylab but when I visited their website I read that they don't accept damaged film.

And finally, if someone could please tell me how to express this in Japanese, it would be much appreciated:
"This film is old and damaged. Please develop and scan all of the photos onto a CD, even the ones that don't look good. It is for an experiment so I don't care if the quality is bad. "

Thank you!
by Jenn Jett (guest)  

reply to this thread