Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Been waiting around 3 months for COE 2016/3/22 09:57
So I'm in a bit of a pickle right now. I'm an exchange student who has paid a lot of money to get to experience the life of a Japanese student. I was supposed to leave the 25th of March but this isn't working out anymore because my COE isn't even ready yet with no wind of when it will be! My host school has submitted my COE application at the end of december/early January (not too sure on the exact date) and I still haven't received it yet. I don't understand why either. My flights were booked a month ago with my exchange service telling me I had nothing to worry about.... look at where that got me.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on with the COE applications and when I should expect to receive it? I was told average wait time was 1-2 months... :(
by ShibaEm  

Re: Been waiting around 3 months for COE 2016/3/22 17:16
Nope, sorry, only Immigration knows.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Been waiting around 3 months for COE 2016/3/22 22:31
It just came in this morning, haha what are the odds.
by ShibaEm rate this post as useful

Re: Been waiting around 3 months for COE 2016/3/22 22:34
If you're supposed to leave on the 25th, don't lose a second to make your visa application (and do let the embassy know that you are in a hurry).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Been waiting around 3 months for COE 2016/3/27 23:36
I'm in the exact same situation now with the company that hired me on, I was supposed to leave the 16th and then the 23rd, both times changed and cancelled because of the CoE still not arriving. Definitely a bummer and pricey.
by Pharaoh Satus (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread